Everyone wants trouble-free doors and windows -- doors that swing smoothly without rubbing or slouching, windows that open easily and keep cold air out. Over the last 26 years Tom Law has installed thousands of doors and windows, developing the time-honored techniques that mark him as a master carpenter.
By watching Law you'll learn how to:
- Square up and secure an opening window in minutes
- Set and seal an insulated glass unit in a custom-built frame
- Him and plumb a prehung exterior door so it won't sag
- Size an interior door blank to fit within a site-built frame
- Make a simple template to align and rout hinge mortises
Whether you just want to add some light to a room or need to hang doors and windows on a job site, you'll find Law's methods and trade secrets invaluable. And Law doesn't ignore problems. In one part of the video download, he intentionally creates a door-hanger's nightmare, then shows you how to save the installation.
Every classic Fine Woodworking video takes you right into an expert woodworker's shop. You'll see firsthand exactly how to do the work -- the tools, the techniques, and the subtle rhythms of each process. Now reissued in a downloadable format, this timeless information is even more accessible.