Kelly Mehler shows how to build your Shaker-style dining table step-by-step, from selecting the wood to the final detailing. In this download you'll see how to:
- Choose stock for pleasing grain match
- Joint and glue up the top
- Taper the legs on the jointer
- Cut the leg mortises with a router
- Fit the joints and glue the base
Kelly Mehler, author of The Table Saw Books, has been building Shaker-style furniture professionally for over 25 years.
Every classic Fine Woodworking video takes you right into an expert woodworker's shop. You'll see firsthand exactly how to do the work-the tools, the techniques, and the subtle rhythms of each process. Now reissued in a downloadable format, this timeless information is even more accessible.